Korea has opened its doors for South African scientists.
The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology is offering South African students a scholarship to study towards a postgraduate qualification of which the Department of Higher Education and Training will be responsible for the nominations of qualifying candidates from South Africa.
The scholarship will cover the following fees:
- Full tuition fee: tuition exemption for 4 semesters (M.S. degree) / 8 semesters (Ph.D. degree)
- Living expenses: 300,000 KRW per month
- Medical insurance
Type of qualification/ degree level:
- Postgraduates Degrees
Field of study:
- Science, Engineering and Technology.
Who can apply?
- South African citizens in good health with a strong academic record.
- Must have university entrance into a similar postgraduate programme at a public South African University.
- Master’s applicants must have a four year qualification equivalent to a NQF level 8 and achieved an overall minimum average of 65%.
- PhD applicants must have a Master’s degree and must have achieved an overall minimum average of 65%.
- Available to study in Korea from September 2018.
- Must have applied for the study programme at KAIST on a full-time basis.
- Intend to return to South Africa at the end of your studies.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should complete the DHET application form and attach the following documents:
- Transcript/s of highest qualification/s.
- Copy of ID.
- Proof of online KAIST application.
Email the application form together with the above mentioned documents before the closing date at KoreaScholarship@dhet.gov.za
- Submit KAIST application online at: http://admission.kaist.ac.kr/international/?page_id=1152
Application closing date:
- 13 April 2018- no late applications will be considered!!!
For more information on how to apply, the scholarship or any enquiries click here