The Fulbright Foreign student program is now open for applications.
The program offers scholarships for South African University Graduates to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral Degree at a United States university in any subject, studies that require contact with patients are excluded.
This is a two year scholarship for both Master’s and Doctorate.
Who can apply?
- Be a SA citizen (Non-SA citizens are required to apply in their country of citizenship, even if they are resident in SA)
- Have a four-year bachelor’s degree, a three-year bachelor’s degree plus honors year, or a four-year B-Tech degree when applying for Masters
- Have a Master’s degree when applying for a Doctoral degree
- For Non-Degree studies: Must be registered for PhD with a South African university
These are the qualities you need to qualify:
- Academic excellence
- Required scores for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for each specific field of study
- Clearly written study objectives
- Demonstrable ambassadorial skills with evidence of cultural sensitivity and a genuine desire to learn more about the United States and share with American citizens aspects of South African culture,
- Experience and interest in extracurricular and community activities,
- Evidence of ambition and leadership potential, and
- A desire to further the Fulbright Program and give back to your home country upon returning.
Closing date for applications:
22 April 2018
For more information on the Fulbright program go on their website
For more information on the open scholarships and how to apply click here